Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cake twenty one

Spring Swirl

It’s almost spingtime and I really feel the need of some sunshine:  warmer weather, longer days, I mean longer time of sunlight, and the juicy spring fruits which prelude to the rich variety of summer. I love all kinds of cakes with fruit but my favourite ones are with strawberries. It’s only a matter of a few weeks’ time. I must admit that I associate strawberries with the good season and spring flowers. I like to give my house a ‘new look’, with flowers on all balconies and windowsills: it’s my way to express my joy for life. 
A few days ago I was undecided about the cake to make, I was looking for a breakfast cake but with a fresher flavour, I didn’t want anything with chocolate or jam, but something which would mirror, in a way, my love for spring. So I opted for this apple cake, which is good with a cup of coffee or tea and has a simple but one-of-a-kind aftertaste.


Song: Act Naturally
A not very popular song but good to cheer us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment