Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cake twenty-three

Easter Eggs 

I first made a chocolate egg ten years ago or more. It all started when I found an Easter chocolate mould in a shop it was love at first sight! But it’s been kind of an unrequited love for years, I must say, until I made my first egg which was acceptable to look at. It was more like a challenge between me and the chocolate egg than a real love... I had to overcome a lot of difficulties, I didn’t know how to join the two parts without making holes in the junction for instance. The thing is that you make chocolate eggs only once a year, so you don’t have many chances to try... But in a way I was lucky: I have four children which means at least four eggs plus one or two more for their friends. After a few attempts which could hardly be called chocolate eggs I had the idea to add some Rice Krispies to the melted chocolate and there it stood, as if my magic, my first chocolate egg without holes and bumps! 

song: I'm fixing a hole
It really doesn't matter if you're wrong, stick to your idea and carry on...

see recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment