Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cake twenty-five

Chocolate Lollipops 

My youngest daughter was still a toddler and I was in England with my students on an exchange programme. I was in a small town not far from Coventry and Birmingham and I remember I was trying to find some little present to take back home. It was the first time I had left my children at home and was abroad without them. I happened to pass by a chocolate shop and saw some chocolate lollipops in the shape of a teddy bear: the right gift for my little baby!  It was so cute! She was already a chocoholic although so young.... and I bought one for her...The problem of a chocolate lollipop is that it’s so nice to look at that you feel sorry to eat it.... It was the same for her... 



After ten years or more I was again in England with my school students, and this time I was in Devon in Plymouth. It was a couple of weeks before Easter and all the shops were full of chocolate delicacies. It was in a shop full of baking equipment that I saw a lollipop mould and it was mine! 

Song: Good Night
Close your eyes and follow me into a chocolate dream world!

No comments:

Post a Comment