Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cake thirteen

A Flowerbed

I love flowers and mostly love their colours. I love them in the wild, like in the endless fields of daffodils in Cornwall or of heather in Scotland. But I also like them all mixed up in flowerbeds, when you can create your own design and colour effect playing with different flower species.. 
In one of my next lives I might be a gardener, something like Laura or Rosemary in the British Tv series ‘Rosemary and Thyme’, without crimes of course, I’m not the type for them!
For the time being I can only make my balconies and windowsills look like small oasis of colour in a dull white-plastered block of flats. My family knows and complains a lot when I’m away and it’s their turn to water the flowers....

Some weeks ago it was my birthday and I had the nicest start of the day I could think of: a bed of flower cupcakes on my breakfast table!!! My two daughters had secretly made some splendid cupcakes with fondant flowers for me: white anemonies to be more precise, my favourite flowers! Very sweet of them, isn't it?
What did I do? I closed my eyes, took them by the hand and took them for a walk along our 'Cupcake Park', where nothing is real and nothing to get hungabout...

Song: Strawberry Fields Forever
Come, join us and let’s all go down where nothing’s to get hungabout!

No comments:

Post a Comment