Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Easter baking - Cake thirty-eight

Hot Cross Buns

"Hot cross buns, hot cross buns, one a penny, two a penny hot cross buns. If you have no daughters give it to your sons, one a penny two a penny hot cross buns.." You know this refrain, don’t you? It’s a famous British lullaby and it’s ones of the many I sang with my children when they were little. I remember I used to play the tape recorder every morning and wake them up to the sound of a lullaby and sang together when getting ready. I also prepared some games to memorize the songs and once a week we spent an afternoon playing in English. It was a way to overcome the barrier of learning another language: through singing dancing and playing they connected sounds to gestures or pics automatically. 
And still now that they’re grown up one word is enough to recall a lullaby or a rhyme and there we all go...... we sing or say the rhyme and laugh a lot! We simply can’t help it! It’s like being one of those animals - I think they were monkeys - the behaviourists
used in their experiments to prove that we all react the same way after a repeated stimulus. 

Song: P.S. I Love you
I'm sure we all have some words to treasure  

No comments:

Post a Comment