Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cake eight

Pavlova with strawberries

It isn’t long since I first saw this cake on a book.. It was on my way back home from one of my trips to England and I was looking through one of the new books I had just bought when I read this name: Pavlova. I was kind of flashed back in one of the sumptuous balls at the court of the Tsars in Russia. It was  certainly a cake for a young princess, as it looked like a white silk chiffon evening dress.. It was love at first sight!

I was partly right: the cake was named after a famous Russian dancer, Anna Pavlova, and created in her  honour in one of her tours to Australia and New Zealand in the 1920’s. It’s a popular dish in both countries but formal research indicates New Zealand as the source.

Song: I’m so happy to dance with you
So what are you waiting for? Close your eyes and join in the dance


for the recipe follow me on:
http://time-for-cake-making.blogspot.it/2012/11/cake-eight-pavlova-with-strawberries.html

No comments:

Post a Comment