Why time for a cake

I think we all deserve a short getaway from our routine everyday, a few minutes away from work or/and domestic chores...

My blog is the answer: a good combination between love for cakes and the music of the Beatles.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cake nine

Cupcakes: variations on a theme

I think cupcakes are the most versatile of cakes. You're totally free with them, you can decide all except for the shape, of course, which is like a cup. 
When I’m there ready to make them, I feel like an artist in front of a blank canvas. The magic world of fantasy opens its gates and there I am deciding about cake mixture, topping and decorations. I’m a magician or am I not? You can venture in complicated shapes or simply play with coloured surfaces and sugar decorations. Details make the difference and they can be your unique creation! 
                       

When my kids were younger I used to bake any kind of cake in small baking cups and gave them for school. It was quick and easy, no need to cut a cake. Then after some years I saw the first 'cupcake' in a tea room in England and there I was: the spell was cast!

Song: Magical Mystery Tour
Ready to start? Sign in for the Magical Mystery Tour and let your fantasy take you away...

for the recipe follow me on:
http://time-for-cake-making.blogspot.it/2012/11/cake-nine-cupcakes-variation-on-theme.html

No comments:

Post a Comment